[Openstack-devel] Current state of the Folsom packaging -- horizon

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Tue Oct 30 19:23:47 UTC 2012

Tim Spriggs, 2012-10-30 12:01:37 -0700 :

> As is usually the case with OpenStack, tracing down errors is "fun."
> Horizon seems to require a full set of service endpoints to be setup
> under keystone. I don't remember 100% of the details but I think this
> included cinder (having an older nova-volume endpoint was not enough)
> and so logins to horizon failed without an error in the browser.

Setting aside the "lessc" thing, I concur with that.  After installing
the relavant packages and having the metapackage register a bunch of
services, I have the following services and endpoints:

root at os-mgmt:~# keystone service-list
+----------------------------------+----------+----------+---------------------------+
|                id                |   name   |   type   |        description        |
+----------------------------------+----------+----------+---------------------------+
| 38000971233d41efbdc96855b41d9a05 |  cinder  |  volume  |   Cinder Volume Service   |
| 414b8e156dfb4215ae3dcdf31b11b41b |  glance  |  image   |    Glance Image Service   |
| 4d9ccb6beac74304899ca5d86bcba0b8 |   ec2    |   ec2    |  EC2 Compatibility Layer  |
| 7f60e30e5dba4531b94044bdb6a555e2 |   nova   | compute  |    Nova Compute Service   |
| ebb1ba378ad44e949ec485788f4cd9f5 | keystone | identity | Keystone Identity Service |
+----------------------------------+----------+----------+---------------------------+
root at os-mgmt:~# keystone endpoint-list
+----------------------------------+---------+------------------------------------+------------------------------------+------------------------------------+
|                id                |  region |             publicurl              |            internalurl             |              adminurl              |
+----------------------------------+---------+------------------------------------+------------------------------------+------------------------------------+
| 0b1c839883654026a85c16b0bda431ee | placard | http://os-mgmt:8773/services/Cloud | http://os-mgmt:8773/services/Cloud | http://os-mgmt:8773/services/Admin |
| 17d52fffdb8c444cbefecbecdbf45948 | placard | http://os-mgmt:8774/v2/admintenant | http://os-mgmt:8774/v2/admintenant | http://os-mgmt:8774/v2/admintenant |
| 2896fcc52c4c4721a2fc4189ae30d0b7 | placard |      http://os-mgmt:5000/v2.0      |      http://os-mgmt:5000/v2.0      |     http://os-mgmt:35357/v2.0      |
| 4c0fad5c9a89451fb83f37fbd05ecc12 | placard |       http://os-mgmt:9292/v1       |       http://os-mgmt:9292/v1       |       http://os-mgmt:9292/v1       |
| d2d2bac64fe649a18e4aad24021d8f57 | placard | http://os-mgmt:8776/v1/admintenant | http://os-mgmt:8776/v1/admintenant | http://os-mgmt:8776/v1/admintenant |
+----------------------------------+---------+------------------------------------+------------------------------------+------------------------------------+

Yet the dashboard fails with an "Invalid service catalog service:
compute" exception (at
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/horizon/api/base.py in url_for, line
118).  However, as far as I could tell from the (very long and boring)
output of an strace invocation, no connection is even attempted to
keystone or to anything else, so maybe it's something that's only
related to horizon and not to keystone.  I freely admit my ignorance on
the matter, but maybe this will put someone on the right track to debug
that.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Meaning lies as much / In the mind of the reader / As in the haiku
  -- in Gödel, Escher, Bach: an Eternal Golden Braid (Douglas Hofstadter)