[Openstack-devel] Websockify has been rejected from upload in Debian

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Apr 9 15:24:39 UTC 2013

Hi Joel,

I've tried to upload Websockify in Debian, but it has been rejected by
the FTP Masters, because this file:
include/web-socket-js/WebSocketMain.swf

doesn't have any source code, so this makes the whole package non-free.

Would it be possible that you release a new version with the source file
and without this .swf binary object? My understanding is that this is
for adding web socket in those browsers who do not support it. If you
really want to keep that file, then one solution would be to ship it in
a separate (non-free) Git repository.

Note that websockify is the last blocking piece of the OpenStack
Grizzly, so that I can upload everything in Debian. So it is very
important for me that this problem is addressed, and it would be really
nice if you could fix it ASAP, so that I can upload OpenStack grizzly
into Debian before the OpenStack summit next Monday.

Please let me know,
Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)