[Openstack-devel] Packaging a new version of python-itsdangerous

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Jul 17 06:07:39 UTC 2013

On 07/16/2013 01:32 AM, Simon Fondrie-Teitler wrote:
> Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> writes:
>> On 07/11/2013 07:50 PM, Simon Fondrie-Teitler wrote:
>>> I'll try to get a new version out in the next couple days.
>>
>> Awesome!
>
> It turns out this is going to take longer than I thought. I realized the
> original packaging did not do anything to set up the library for
> python3, and I have to learn how to deal with that. It is also not
> following the python library packaging guidelines as nicely as it
> should. I'm taking the opportunity moving it over to git-buildpackage as
> well.
>
> If this is urgent, feel free to NMU it.
>
> Regards,
> Simon Fondrie-Teitler

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply and accepting the NMU thing. It is indeed
important for me that the issue is addressed in a timely manner.

I have done the below changes to the package (as per debian/changelog):
* New upstream release.
* Added a debian/gbp.conf
* Added debian/rules for upstream repository git management.
* Ran wrap-and-sort, moved Homepage filed at the end of 1st block.
* Removed useless python (>= 2.6) depends:.
* Adds the build of python3 package.
* Adds myself as uploader, sets python-module as team, and adds VCS fields.

and uploaded the result on the Git of the python-modules team. It is
available from there:
Vcs-Browser:
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=python-modules/packages/python-itsdangerous.git
Vcs-Git:
git://anonscm.debian.org/python-modules/packages/python-itsdangerous.git

Please have a look. Let me know if you think I upload the package as-is,
and if you are ok that the package goes to the python-modules team. IMO,
it's much better to do team maintenance. If you haven't yet, I would
warmly welcome you to join the python module team. Alternatively, if you
want to keep the ownership of the package, you can just download the Git
repository that I made, and upload it to the site of your choice, though
I really think the python-modules team would be best.

Let me know so I can upload,
Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)