[Openstack-devel] Packaging a new version of python-itsdangerous

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Jul 18 17:42:13 UTC 2013

On 07/18/2013 09:06 PM, Simon Fondrie-Teitler wrote:
> Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> writes:
>> Thanks for your reply and accepting the NMU thing. It is indeed
>> important for me that the issue is addressed in a timely manner.
>>
>> I have done the below changes to the package (as per debian/changelog):
>> * New upstream release.
>> * Added a debian/gbp.conf
>> * Added debian/rules for upstream repository git management.
>> * Ran wrap-and-sort, moved Homepage filed at the end of 1st block.
>> * Removed useless python (>= 2.6) depends:.
>> * Adds the build of python3 package.
>> * Adds myself as uploader, sets python-module as team, and adds VCS
>> fields.
>
> Thanks a lot for that. I was working my way though all of that, but was
> getting stuck on some of the python3 stuff. I'll take a look and compare
> it to what I was doing.
>
>> and uploaded the result on the Git of the python-modules team. It is
>> available from there:
>> Vcs-Browser:
>> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=python-modules/packages/python-itsdangerous.git
>> Vcs-Git:
>> git://anonscm.debian.org/python-modules/packages/python-itsdangerous.git
>
> I'm not able to reach either of these. Do I need to be authenticated
> some how?

Hum... Someone has disabled Git. I've put that on my own repository on
Alioth instead:
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=users/zigo/python-itsdangerous.git
http://git.debian.org/git/users/zigo/python-itsdangerous.git

> I was originally going to do that, but was under the impression that it
> needed to be in the svn repository, and there was not a git option
> yet. I'm am a member of the team.

We were supposed to move to Git, though since some imposed to switch all
or nothing, then it hasn't happened yet. Before the python-modules team
switches to Git, I would suggest to *not* upload there, that would be a
waste of time, and using backward tools like SVN. I personally decided
to never upload new packaging code to SVN, even if this means not
uploading to the team repository, unfortunately.

Let me know if you need help, or if I can sponsor the upload / NMU,
Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)