[Openstack-devel] python-dogpile.core_0.4.1-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Sep 9 07:07:00 UTC 2013

On 09/08/2013 06:00 PM, Luca Falavigna wrote:

> Hi,
>
> some files in docs/ have different licenses and copyright holders.
> Some of them are compressed, so their correspondent uncompressed versions
> should be provided instead, or removed from the package.
>
> Cheers,
> Luca

Hi Luca,

Thanks for this review.

I thought it was ok-ish for the doc folders since we have such in Debian
already. Sorry, wont happen again, and will file bugs when I see it on
other packages.

I decided to remove the docs folder, until upstream (hereby, Mike Bayer
is CC:-ed) replies to my mail and fixes it.

Mike, as per above, the python-dogpile.core package can't be uploaded to
Debian together with its docs folder, because of obfuscated/compressed
javascript libraries. Could you release a new version without these?
Otherwise, the Debian package will have no docs, since I don't have the
time to do the work of replacing minimized javascript. Also, I honestly
don't really see the point in IMO wasting time trying to optimize
javascript for docs, so I don't think it maters much anyway... (let me
know if you think otherwise)

Cheers,

Thomas

P.S: Package re-uploaded