[Openstack-devel] python-dogpile.core_0.4.1-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Michael Bayer mike_mp at zzzcomputing.com
Mon Sep 9 13:55:21 UTC 2013

Hi Thomas -

the .js files are part of the Sphinx documentation build.  My Python dist files include the Sphinx docs built out, the .js files are copied by Sphinx to be part of the docs, and I have done so for years, in all my projects including SQLAlchemy, Mako, Alembic, Dogpile Core, Dogpile Cache - SQLAlchemy is certainly present in many linux distros.      I'm not familiar with an issue here unless perhaps Sphinx did something different this time (not to mention Sphinx itself has these .js files in its distribution).

Perhaps build maintainers for Linux modify the build to not include the sphinx docs?  not sure.   You can create a buildfile by checking out the appropriate source tag and saying "python setup.py dist", the sphinx docs aren't built automatically so they'd be omitted.

- mike