[PKG-Openstack-devel] Openstack in Debian GNU/Linux

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Tue Apr 19 09:34:17 UTC 2016

On Apr 19, 2016, at 9:25 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> The packaging of OpenStack in Debian? Well, it's been dead for nearly
> all of last week, because we've just released the last version of
> OpenStack, and we were all kind of taking a break after working so
> hard... :)

Lol! Fair enough :D

>> But I notice that OS in Debian GNU/Linux is … "ancient".
>
> We're current. The latest version of OpenStack (ie: Mitaka) was uploaded
> *the day of the release*, and just reached testing last week. I don't
> see how we could work faster.

Ok then! It's my ignorance and unfamiliarity with OpenStack that's at fault
then…

All I saw that "Cinder" is version "2014.1.13-11+deb8u1" (this on a Jessie
with all "sid" and "testing" deb lines) and at the repo the latest (apparently
not :) is "2015.1.3"...

> Now, what's remaining is to upload all of that to the official Jessie
> backports, but for that, we need to fix a few packages here and there
> (ie: 3rd party libs which we don't maintain that need fixup to enter
> testing, like for example python-pandas).

Ok. Need any help anywhere? I don't have the hardware yet, but I'm hoping
to get some around payday :). Unless I go with the storage bits this month
and the Compute next month...