[PKG-Openstack-devel] add to openstack debian packaging team

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Sep 19 21:11:31 UTC 2017

On 09/18/2017 12:56 PM, Michal Arbet wrote:
> One more question ... what about some packages ( only several ...5 or
> something like that ) where unit tests are now failing because of
> dependency problem or something  .. For example python-kafka , in ubuntu
> - they also commented tests in the package :D ...

I don't know what Ubuntu guys did, but I've uploaded a new python-kafka
to Experimental *with* unit tests working! :)

Anyway, the thing to do with failing unit tests is to ... repair them!
That's in fact a huge chunk of the time working on packaging.

> Can we release these few packages and work on new revision for that
> packages ?

As for Debian, we will support Ocata only as an upgrade path to Pike. So
anything quick and dirty is ok. For Pike, we'll make sure everything is
clean. That's what we discussed at debconf 17.

> What about python-os-xenapi package which is new ? Don't see repo in
> anonscm ..

We just make a new package. You can use another package as example. Then
you can upload it to Alioth with the pkgos-alioth-new-git tool (from
openstack-pkg-tools).

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)