[PKG-Openstack-devel] add to openstack debian packaging team

Michal Arbet michal.arbet at ultimum.io
Wed Sep 20 10:25:15 UTC 2017

> I don't know what Ubuntu guys did, but I've uploaded a new python-kafka
> to Experimental *with* unit tests working! :)

Thanks, but in meanwhile i fixed tests also :) ,

> Anyway, the thing to do with failing unit tests is to ... repair them!
> That's in fact a huge chunk of the time working on packaging.

Agree ..

> As for Debian, we will support Ocata only as an upgrade path to Pike. So
> anything quick and dirty is ok. For Pike, we'll make sure everything is
> clean. That's what we discussed at debconf 17.

Ok, understand ..

> We just make a new package. You can use another package as example. Then
> you can upload it to Alioth with the pkgos-alioth-new-git tool (from
> openstack-pkg-tools).

Ok, i didn't know that I can create a git repo . Thank you !

One more question,... before we started to build a packages some time ago,
we forked deb-* repos from
github ..for example
https://github.com/openstack/deb-nova (not from anonscm....)

It was better to import to our local github , and that repos also seemed to
be more fresh little bit as repos in anonscm.
Is it problem to merge into anonsm repos now ?  Mostly it is different
lines in control, or some other minor change,
changelog sometimes little bit differs ( mostly with UNRELEASED tag ) ?

How can I deal with this ?

Thanks,
Kevin