[Oval-devel] OVAL agent for Debian - beta version of package ready

Pavel Vinogradov Pavel.Vinogradov at nixdev.net
Wed Aug 8 19:16:47 UTC 2007

2007/8/8, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs at computer.org>:

> - It would be nice if you could write a README file in the package and maybe
> provide some test definitions as 'examples' so that a novice user can
> understand how it's supposed to work.
> - README.Debian is also a boilerplate, I guess it can be removed.
  I write some information in README.Debian and add some definitions
examples to package.

> - There's no need to distribute the "how to build" documentation with the
>   package:
  Removed from package

> - There's no need to distribute the license (terms.txt) in documentation dir
>   either
> - debian/copyright is a boilerplate. It should have the real licensing terms
>   for OVALdi (the contents of the terms.txt file above)
  terms.txt added to copyright file

> - please file an ITP (see 'WNPP' at bugs.debian.org) for this package.
  There i have question - which package name we use for this ITP? I
think that "oval" - bad idea, and currently rename package to ovaldi
(oval definition interpreter). Are you agree?

> Also, the manpage has to be modified:
> - /usr/share/ovaldi/ does not exist in the package (it's /usr/share/oval)
  Changed to /usr/share/ovaldi/xml

> - there's no 'Interpreters' subdir (it should point to where the files are)
   There i need advice - i can't rewrite this phrase. All our
xml|xsd|x.. data stored in /usr/share/ovaldi/xml, but how i can refer
to this directory (similary to 'Interpreters dir')

> - it lacks a (Debian-related) example. The current example does not actually
>   work if you just 'copy & paste' it
  Added 'copy & paste' example.

> Finally, ovaldi seems to look for the XSD files in the current working
> directory, it would be nice if it defaulted to /usr/share/oval/ as that's
> where all of them are. I can't find a command line option to tell it where to
> look for the XSD files, so the user has to go to /usr/share/oval/ and run
> 'ovaldi' there.
  In progress.

--
Pavel Vinogradov