[Oval-devel] OVAL agent for Debian - beta version of package ready

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña jfs at computer.org
Fri Aug 10 16:23:22 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 12:27:13AM +0500, Pavel Vinogradov wrote:
> > Maybe we could put up the OVAL packages at Alioth.debian.org so people can
> > download them from there.
>   No problem, but i don't find yet where i can do this myself, but i can
>   publish signed packages on my site and you upload them to alioth.

I think you can upload stuff but if not I can build the packages and put them
up there. In any case, I think the packages are ready to go into sid.

> > Or maybe I could upload them to sid directly (after you've fixed the
> > things I mentioned in my previous email).
>  I think that ovaldi package without definition generator - not useful
> for anyone. We can organize place where people can get fresh OVAL
> definition which will builds automatic from Debian DSA (similar to
> http://people.redhat.com/mjc/oval/). And after this - we can upload
> ovaldi to sid.

I think we can upload ovaldi to sid first, it takes some time for the
ftpmasters to review NEW packages, so in the meantime we can work on how to
generate a full definition feed for the DSAs.

Regards

Javier