licence (was: What's going on with the Packaging Handbook project)

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Wed Sep 5 14:56:59 UTC 2007

also sprach Davide Truffa <davide at catoblepa.org> [2007.09.05.1604 +0200]:
> > 6) We must yet reach a consensus about the license (GPLv2?). Martin and
> > Davide, please get this done as soon as possible! :-))
> GPLv2 or later is a good choice for me, I don't understand a pin
> at v2 only. Do we really want discourage the use of GPLv3 ;)

I consider GPL2 viral and GPL3 even more so. Moreover, it's hardly
a licence for documentation, IMHO.

Anyway, I am not the one to decide this and I will help out
independently of the licence.

But I would like to ask Davide to provide — just for the record
— his reasons for choice of GPL2/3 vs. the CC nc-by-sa 2.5 or 3.0
licence.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck at debian.org>

there's an old proverb that says just about whatever you want it to.