Who is this book for?

Luca Brivio lucab83 at infinito.it
Sat Jan 5 02:12:20 UTC 2008

Hi,
I've written something simple about the targeted audience of the Handbook. I
think it's a very important topic to cover. Please tell me any impressions,
remarks, thoughts, fixes you have which concern the following paragraph.

----

This book is for those who want to either make, or allow to make good Debian
packages. Among them, we target:
- new maintainers who want to go deeper into the art of package creation and
maintenance;
- Debian Developers and Debian Maintainers looking for a truly comprehensive
and up-to-date reference for their packaging job;
- everybody keeping courses or in-depth tutorials about Debian packaging;
- people who want to make non-Debian dpkg packages and repositories and keep
them in a good shape;
- hackers, systems administrators, and computer scientists in search of
insights on Debian package internals.
In order to satisfy all your needs (and ours too!), we put here several kinds
of contents: explanations of procedures, policy information, mixed hints,
documentation on how to use many tools, comparisons, examples, file snippets,
etc.

----

Thanks!
--