[Parted-edge] C++ bindings in GNU Parted.

Christian Meyer chrisime at gnome.org
Fri Feb 16 12:10:57 UTC 2007

Hi!

Am Freitag, den 16.02.2007, 13:14 +0530 schrieb Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray:

> http://parted.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/PlanningEdge

Link/Server is down ;-)

> The GNU Parted team is planning to include multiple language bindings from
> version 2.0 ('Edge'). You may look at some of the other things planned for
> Parted 'Edge' at the above link.

Nice to hear.

> Since you have already developed C++ language bindings in the libpartedpp
> project, we think it would be good idea to use the libpartedpp code base as
> a starting point and absorb as much of it as possible in the official Parted
> codebase. We would be very happy if you could co-ordinate with us in this
> aspect, and possibly take the responsibility of maintaining the C++ language
> bindings in the future.

I haven't been working on the wrapper for about 4 or 5 years now, but
I'd be happy to help you to integrate it into parted. FYI, I've been in
contact with the maintainer of parted and he helped me a lot with the
wrapper.

Please tell me what the next steps will be. The code certainly needs
cleanups and major rewrites.

Cheers,
Christian (chrisime)