[Parted-edge] VFS layer

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Thu Mar 15 21:44:21 CET 2007

"Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray" <debarshi.ray at gmail.com> writes:

>> while porting libparted to Darwin, where
>> libuuid (part of ext2fsprogs) is not available; I'm having to copy-paste
>> the corresponding libuuid code into the parted codebase.
>
> Why don't you port libuuid to Darwin then?

Anant,

I'm sorry but we can't decide how to do things just because some
systems do not support one or another library. Our main focus is Linux
since it's our major user comunity and then Hurd since it's a FSF
project.

If you can copy and paste, it means it's compatible and then would be
better to just make it available on ports or whatever repository
Darwin uses.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855