[Parted-edge] Libraries for file-systems

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 05:53:43 UTC 2007

> I have done a little peeking at the vfs in linux.  Since it seems many
> filesystems adhere their fs structures to that in linux...
> (linux/fs.h) 'struct file_operations' and such, this might be a
> reasonable method for us to approach in proceeding with the re-work of
> parted's vfs.

I found some nice documentation about the kernel's VFS in the source
tarball too. Another thing I looked at was FUSE's VFS. I don't
remember the exact name of the structure, but if you hunt in the
includes directory, you should find it.

I got a bit tied up with the bindings.git work, and plan to focus on
this early next week.

Happy hacking,
Debarshi
--