[Parted-edge] Libraries for file-systems

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Fri Nov 2 10:23:31 UTC 2007

"Matt Davis" <mattdavis9 at gmail.com> writes:

> I have done a little peeking at the vfs in linux.  Since it seems many
> filesystems adhere their fs structures to that in linux...
> (linux/fs.h) 'struct file_operations' and such, this might be a
> reasonable method for us to approach in proceeding with the re-work of
> parted's vfs.

We can't _just use_ their VFS struct due license restrictions .. am I
missing something?

> I'm kinda itching to get started  on coding some stuff up (free time
> heheheh).  Although this project, would best to be split up amongst a
> few of the other parted minds.

Personally, I think we ought to get their struct as basis and write
one ourselfs that remove  the things that aren't need and include any
specific thing that we require ...

One first and important step is to comprare our current one against
their one and see where we differ.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855