[Pbuilder-maint] Is bug #359347 back?

Nelson A. de Oliveira naoliv at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 02:21:03 UTC 2006

Hi!

On 6/20/06, Junichi Uekawa <dancer at netfort.gr.jp> wrote:
> better try
>
> bash -x  /usr/bin/pdebuild --help

Works.

> I think you're trying to test pbuilder with dash, which is unsupported.

Exactly, as I saw now.

But the first line of pdebuild that says "#! /bin/bash". Shouldn't
bash run the script? (The little that I know is that the interpreter
to be used is always defined on the first line, like this).

If I change the first line of /usr/bin/pdebuild to "! /bin/aaa", I get:

-bash: /usr/bin/pdebuild: /bin/aaa: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

So, with bash there, it was supposed to bash run it, instead dash. Or not?

Thanks!

Nelson