[Pbuilder-maint] Is bug #359347 back?

Matt Kraai kraai at ftbfs.org
Wed Jun 21 03:58:03 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 11:21:03PM -0300, Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote:
> On 6/20/06, Junichi Uekawa <dancer at netfort.gr.jp> wrote:
> >better try
> >
> >bash -x  /usr/bin/pdebuild --help
>
> Works.
>
> >I think you're trying to test pbuilder with dash, which is unsupported.
>
> Exactly, as I saw now.
>
> But the first line of pdebuild that says "#! /bin/bash". Shouldn't
> bash run the script? (The little that I know is that the interpreter
> to be used is always defined on the first line, like this).
>
> If I change the first line of /usr/bin/pdebuild to "! /bin/aaa", I get:
>
> -bash: /usr/bin/pdebuild: /bin/aaa: bad interpreter: No such file or
> directory
>
> So, with bash there, it was supposed to bash run it, instead dash. Or not?

When you run a script by passing it as an argument to a shell, it
ignores the first line.  By asking you to use sh instead of bash, I
introduced the parenthesis error.  Would you please try to reproduce
the original problem using the command Junichi suggested:

 bash -x /usr/bin/pdebuild --help

--
Matt