Profile support and refactoring

Osamu Aoki osamu at debian.org
Thu Jan 21 15:23:50 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 11:11:46PM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 06:57:43PM +0100, Loïc Minier wrote:
> >  I'm not sure we want so many files; I'd have to think a bit about this.

I am experimenting.

> >  I would probably prefer something like a shell script able to dump a
> >  sources.list snippet when given a dist or pseudo-dist as input.

So far lenny-proposed-updates etch-backports lenny/updates jaunty can be
handled by tweeking pbuilder-modules with case ... esac .

> >  Perhaps the dput templates give us some good overview of the configs we
> >  want to support.  At least not more than a file per use case rather
> >  than per dist.

That's what I am doing.

> >    Perhaps something like /usr/lib/pbuilder/pbuilder-aptconfig which
> >  would accept --dist sid or --dist karmic and an optional --vendor
> >  Debian or --vendor Ubuntu and default to guessing it from the
> >  current distro or from the host's vendor.  Or we could ship some
> >  sources.list files and sed the mirror in them.  e.g. we would
> >  distribute backports.org-sources.list and sed the default host with a
> >  mirror map.

No --vender needed.  Problem is karmic.  I think I need to update
debootstrap in my lenny system.  It is missing as you expects.

Realistically, "making chroot with jaunty and upgrading to kermic by
coging in and saving them" seems to be simplest to make kermic chroot
profile.

>> The mirror map could be a config file of replacements to
> >  do (seds).  We would also sed the dist and components in these.  e.g.
> >  for ubuntu-sources.list:
> >       deb @@UBUNTU_MIRROR@@ @@DIST@@ @@COMPONENTS@@
> >  and for backports.org sources.list:
> >       deb @@BACKPORTS_MIRROR@@ @@DIST@@ @@COMPONENTS@@
> >       deb @@DEBIAN_MIRROR@@    @@DIST@@ @@COMPONENTS@@
> >  would also need a flag for -src entries.

I thought I need sed but simple echo like what we do for experimental
was enough.  Instead of $EXPERIMENTAL, $DISTRIBUTION_ORIGINAL is used in
case sentence.

> I was thinking the same direction after good sleep :-)
>
> > > Problem is how to cope with debconf result in
> > > ${PBUILDER_SYSCONFDIR}/pbuilderrc.
> > > This needs some tweaking in debian/pbuilder.config
> >
> >  Oh yes; it's a fragile piece.

I am moving it to DEBIAN_MIRRORSITE.

Let me test a bit more and get sleep.

Osamu

PS: Can I ask to nuke 2 branches I pushed.