[Pcsclite-muscle] Using pcsclite with multiple cards through one reader

Martin Paljak martin at martinpaljak.net
Wed Aug 16 06:36:20 UTC 2017

I assume this is some kind of ACS reader, and those NFC readers usually
support a specific API for low level RF things, via SCardControl or
SCardTransmit, eg.
https://www.acs.com.hk/en/products/342/acr1252u-usb-nfc-reader-iii-nfc-forum-certified-reader/#tech-specs

PC/SC gives you a way to talk to a card (SCardTransmit) in a high-level
APDU oriented way and to talk to (vendor specific, proprietary, such as
libacsccid) readers with SCardControl. The rest is for you to figure out :)

Best,
Martin

On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 at 22:19 Greg Wilson-Lindberg <GWilson at sakuraus.com>
wrote:

> We have two problems/not understandings:
>

>   1. reading more than one card at the same time
>
>   2. issuing a PWD_AUTH command to a connected card
>

> It is my understanding that to read a second card that is within range of
> a cardreader it is necessary to issue a HLTA command to the card. The HLTA
> is a low level card command and I have not been able to find out how to
> pass the card command through pcsc to the card.
>

> The PWD_AUTH command is also a low level card command and falls into the
> same issue of not knowing how to pass commands through to the card.
>

> We are running on a Raspberry Pi 3 with an ACS AVM1252U-Z2 reader and
> NTAG213 tags:
>
>     pcsc-lite version 1.8.13.
>
>     Copyright (C) 1999-2002 by David Corcoran <corcoran at musclecard.com>.
>
>     Copyright (C) 2001-2011 by Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau at free.fr
> >.
>
>     Copyright (C) 2003-2004 by Damien Sauveron <sauveron at labri.fr>.
>
>     Report bugs to <muscle at lists.musclecard.com>.
>
>     Enabled features: Linux arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf serial usb libudev
> usbdropdir=/usr/lib/pcsc/drivers ipcdir=/var/run/pcscd
> configdir=/etc/reader.conf.d
>

> and libacsccid v1.0.8-1
>

> Regards,
>

> Greg Wilson-Lindberg