PET confused with tags?

Ansgar Burchardt ansgar at debian.org
Wed Aug 22 15:48:22 UTC 2012

Hi,

gregor herrmann <gregoa at debian.org> writes:
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 20:46:16 -0400, Felipe Sateler wrote:
>> As can be seen in [1][2], PET complains that there is a missing tag,
>> but the tag is present. Maybe it is confused because there is a higher
>> version tag (0.26 vs 0.26~repack)?
>>
>> [1] http://pet.debian.net/pkg-multimedia/pet.cgi
>> [2] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-multimedia/liblo.git

I think that is the case here.  Though I'm not quite sure how after a
quick glance at the code.

> Or because the tag name doesn't match the version?
> debian/0.26_repack-7 vs. 0.26~repack-7
> Not sure if this is the case, but I'm seeing something like this also
> in pkg-perl.

No, PET doesn't care about names of tags at all.  I did use them in my
first rewrite, but it did not work well as not all version numbers can
be represented in tags (Git does not allow "~" in tag names).  So now
PET uses only d/changelog.

Ansgar