[pkg-fgfs-crew] flightgear 3.4 packaging
markus at bluegap.ch
Tue Feb 17 14:39:49 UTC 2015
On 02/17/2015 01:06 PM, Rebecca N. Palmer wrote:
> Upstream release is due today, but nothing is tagged yet. Ubuntu freeze
> is Thursday; it *is* possible for Ubuntu to accept packages that are
> still stuck in Debian's NEW queue (see
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/simbody/+bug/1417830 ),
> so if
> simgear is still waiting when release happens, please upload
> flightgear/flightgear-data (and fgrun if possible) and push simgear
> final to Alioth (I'm not sure what happens if you make another upload
> while in the NEW queue), and I'll request a sync.
IIRC I cannot upload simgear until Scott (re-)acknowledges my upload
permissions. (Or put another way, I'm not currently allowed to upload
I plan to upload the other three as soon as they're ready (and not
before the effective release - I currently find tarballs on ibiblio, but
no git tags, yet).
> It was merged with Textures, on the grounds that hardware had moved on
> far enough that the split no longer made sense. (There had been no
> user-facing mechanism to actually select the lower-resolution version
> for some time before this.)
Okay, good to know this is a legit change. Thanks.
> I've vaguely heard of various moving-map-etc.-in-a-browser experiments,
> but haven't tried them myself.
Okay. I'll give it a try.
> The policy violation (and lintian error)
> exists even if you don't ship it in the binary;
> repacking the .orig
> tarball to delete them from the source is also a permitted solution, but
> using debian/missing-sources has the advantage that you don't have to
> re-upload the (huge) .orig if you later do decide to ship them.
Well, the other way, we'de have to re-upload if we later decide to NOT
ship them. I'd say that's no argument either way.
An argument in favor of stripping 3rdparty js libs from the source is
that we don't have to update debian/copyright for those... I'm also
wondering if that webgui really needs an up-to-date jquery library.
Yet another option would be to strip the webgui from flightgear-data
entirely. We could bundle a separate source package for the webgui,
later on. I'm not even sure if it runs from static files, or if it needs
> I agree that going to 3.4 is the better option
..so I did.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 1513 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the pkg-fgfs-crew