Bug#681652: GStreamer does not play MP4
intrigeri at debian.org
Wed Dec 5 23:53:13 UTC 2012
Tsu Jan wrote (15 Jul 2012 07:23:06 GMT) :
> Totem, using gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad v0.10.23-6, can't play mp4 files.
After looking around a bit, reproducing the bug, getting more
information from submitters and merging accordingly, this bug looks
a bit more important to me than it's current "normal" severity.
* This bug breaks some very common usecases of software that depends
on gstreamer (namely: Totem and minitube).
* This has been fixed upstream 6 months ago, apparently.
* Ubuntu has been shipping a not-that-big fix taken from upstream for
two months in Raring, without any negative side effects, as far as
my limited understanding of Launchpad can tell me; it's
really-fix-h264-parsing.patch in their source package :
2 files changed, 147 insertions(+), 121 deletions(-)
I think we should fix this in Wheezy.
I suggest the following course of action:
1. Upload gst-plugins-bad0.10 0.10.23-8 with Ubuntu's patch
2. Ask bug submitters for all related / blocked bugs to install it
and try reproducing their bug.
3. If it's confirmed the patched package fixes the bug in the vast
majority of the cases, then ask the release team for a pre-upload
approval, aiming at a freeze exception.
gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad maintainers, what do you think?
I'm happy to help for any of steps #1, #2 and #3, but I'd really
welcome the maintainers more expert point-of-view first :)
More information about the pkg-gstreamer-maintainers