Rafael Laboissiere <email@example.com>
Tue, 3 May 2005 08:35:54 +0200
* Jörg Sommer <firstname.lastname@example.org> [2005-05-01 23:48]:
> Rafael Laboissiere schrieb am Sun 01. May, 18:41 (+0200) :
> > I think that these files existed at some point in testing. People
> > who installed the version of the jed-common package that contained
> > them have the files left in the system after the upgrade.
> Do you know why? Have the changed it or why have dpkg left them?
dpkg leaves them because they are conffiles (i.e. under /etc).
> Can you say, which version I have to install to get this problem?
This is the relevant debian/changelog entry:
jed (0.99.15-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release. Closes: #112721.
* Removed 00site.sl and 99defaults.sl to be replaced by single 00debian.sl,
which will be used for most debian-specific changes
* Added paste_mode.sl (by John) and an autoload for it in 00debian.sl
* Added indent_buffer and indent_region_or_line functions to 00debian.sl
-- Charl P. Botha <email@example.com> Sat, 13 Oct 2001 01:57:59 +0200
> > them in one of the maintainer scripts of the jed-common package. The
> > postinst script seems to be the best place for doing it.
> Why not in preinst to avoid conflicts with a new package.
I do not see which kind of conflict it may cause, but if you are positive
on the issue, just go ahead and add the removal code to preinst.
> > Jörg, do you want to implement this, or should I do it?
> Yes, I do it.