[Pkg-mc-devel] Midnight Comander 4.8.1-2
onlyjob at member.fsf.org
Mon Feb 27 17:49:44 UTC 2012
Sorry for sending to your personal address but I flooded pkg-mc-devel today.
If you have some time could you please have a look at updated repository and
perhaps consider sponsoring an updated package?
As usual, some issues was overlooked but hopefully promptly addressed.
Here is the list of changes:
mc (3:4.8.1-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Build-Depends are updated: 'bison' moved to build-deps;
architecture wildcard replaced silly "type-handling | not+linux-gnu"
(Closes: #587875 N:"Please remove type-handling dependency")
* new patch to increase maximum file size for mcedit to 128 MiB
(Closes: #369565 W:"mcedit: wishing a bigger file size limit")
Thanks to Daniele Giacomini.
* new patch to disable "Return does autoindent" by default in mcedit
(Closes: #570502 N:"mcedit: adding extra spaces when pasting a text
preceded by spaces")
(Closes: #575711 N:"pasting extra tabs, AGAIN")
* added mc.NEWS file with notes about important changes in this release
(Closes: #661435 W:"lynx-like motion is lost during upgrade to 4.8.1")
* added symlinks to all scripts in /usr/lib/mc for backward compatibility
* new patch to correct path to scripts in man page
(Closes: #661481 N:"Acknowledgement mc: /usr/share/mc/bin/mc.sh missing")
* 'unzip' added to build-deps to set proper zip mode at build-time;
'unzip' moved to Recommends from Suggests.
(Closes: #661467 N:"mc: zip file browsing broken")
* Recommends 'perl' and 'unzip' instead of Suggests
More information about the Pkg-mc-devel