[php-maint] php-imagick uploaded to mentors
geissert at debian.org
Sat Mar 20 17:25:40 UTC 2010
On 14 March 2010 10:48, Guillaume Delacour <gui at iroqwa.org> wrote:
> I have uploaded the php-imagick-3.0.0~rc1 on mentors with severals
> improvements (pointed out by Ivan, by me and bug reporters).
Taking a look at the package, there are some minor issues:
* Please don't use tarballs inside tarballs. This makes diff'ing
upstream code changes unnecessarily more complex.
* is Ola Lundqvist still really going to co-maint the package?
* The module enabling/disabling is unnecessary and will be handled
later with the inclusion of the extensions manager.
* I really don't understand why ucf is used in the first place, but
> patch: apply-patches
useless because the apply-patches target doesn't exist
* Not sure it is worth adding all the phpX stuff, but well...
- if you are still going ahead with it, then:
a) the calls to phpize also need versioned
b) phpize --clean only needs to be called during the clean target
c) you can't use DEB_SRCDIR directly, as adding another dependency
on configure_for_php% would overwrite what the previous one did. This
is not what you want
* If you are using cdbs why don't you just use its autotools class?
* The re2c warning is useless for anything but php itself. So, no, you
don't need to do anything about it.
* You need to mangle the upstream versions, otherwise it reports:
Newest version on remote site is 3.0.0b2, local version is 3.0.0~rc1
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net
More information about the pkg-php-maint