[php-maint] Suhosin patch yes or no for 5.4
ondrej at sury.org
Thu Jan 19 17:47:09 UTC 2012
I would like to start discussion whether we want to apply suhosin patch
for 5.4 php series or not.
Just to start here are few reasons:
1. protects from not-yet know bugs (stack protection, etc...)
2. applies cleanly and works well
1. suhosin patch seems to be unmaintained (some activity has happened
in last month though)
2. suhosin module seems to be broken (according to it's maintainers)
3. no support from PHP upstream
4. no support from other major Linux distribution(?)
This is just my few arguments, so please add arguments to both lists.
And no flame - since I am still only active maintainer atm, I'll make
the call in the end. If you start flaming I'll just make my decision
based on the less-flame wins condition.
Ondřej Surý <ondrej at sury.org>
More information about the pkg-php-maint