Bug#369594: closed by Stefano Zacchiroli <firstname.lastname@example.org> (non
luke at sidefx.com
Tue Oct 17 18:35:50 UTC 2006
I can still reproduce this bug in vim 7.0. I'm running Debian unstable
with the latest vim version there (2006 May 7, compiled Oct 10 2006
00:14:41, with patches 1-22).
Note that it only happens with gnome-terminal. I'm using gnome-terminal
To reproduce it, I run "vim -u NONE" and:
1. :set showmode
2. Press i
3. Type the text "one\ntwo\three" (to create 3 lines of text), press escape.
4. Press shift-v, k, k, y to yank those three lines.
5. Press shift-p many (say, 20) times to paste those lines many times.
The cursor will stay at the top of the document.
6. Press shift-g to jump to the end.
7. Press o. For some reason, it doesn't say '-- INSERT --'.
More information about the pkg-vim-maintainers