[Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#735670: Bug#735670: lightdm ask ldap administrator password when changing a password expired
giulio at sviluppoweb.eu
Fri Jan 17 13:39:31 UTC 2014
I've posted more info about this issue on launchpad:
> Because lightdm calls pam_chauthtok after a positive check on PAM_NEW_AUTHTOK_REQD (from man page "The user account is valid but their authentication token is expired") it should pass the PAM_CHANGE_EXPIRED_AUTHTOK flag (from man page "This argument indicates to the modules that the users authentication token (password) should only be changed if it has expired").
> gdm3 uses the flag correctly (Wheezy gdm-session-worker.c:1291).
I've solved on Wheezy by
1) download lightdm debian source package: apt-get source lightdm
2) go to the source folder lightdm-1.2.2/src and edit session-child.c as
3) step-back to the lightdm-1.2.2 folder and run dpkg-buildpackage
-rfakeroot -uc -b (dpkg-buildpackage may require some packages to
proceed, it lists the required packages, install these with apt-get
4) if dpkg-buildpackage completes without errors you have your
lightdm_1.2.2-4_i386.deb (step-back to the initial folder)
5) stop lightdm (invoke-rc.d lightdm stop) and remove it (apt-get remove
6) install your lightdm package (dpkg -i lightdm_1.2.2-4_i386.deb) and
start it (invoke-rc.d lightdm start)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 256 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Pkg-xfce-devel