[Po4a-devel]New release soon?

Martin Quinson mquinson@ens-lyon.fr
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 11:12:33 -0700

On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 01:33:29PM +0200, Jordi Vilalta wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Martin Quinson wrote:
> [...]
> >Debian should release someday in september (of this year). So, the
> >distribution will become frozen soon, making it impossible to upload new
> >versions. So, I'd like to get 0.17.2 out of the door before this happens.
>
> I'll try to have the encoding issue working soon. It would be a big step
> for po4a, and it would enable a basic (but working) use of the XML module.
> It would be very nice to get this (0.18?) release into sarge.

Yes, 0.18 will either be the one with a msgselect working, or a fixed
encoding stuff, whichever first feature comes first. I guess it'll be the
encoding one. msgselect is far less work, but my life is just crazzy for the
next month... 0.19 may be the other one, or maybe XML? It's still far away.

But we have to get 0.17.2 out before doing further big changes, IMHO.

> >What we really need is a function embeeding the call to warn and sprintf,
> >and reputting the module in front of it and the "\n" afterward (but not the
> >dgettext since it has to be there to be able to extract the strings). It
> >would help making the code more readable. We could also implement a sort of
> >wrapping function setting the module name in front of every line. There is
> >a module for that in Perl.
>
> I thought about it some time ago. It would be nice :)

Pasted into the TODO. That's what you should do when you're too lazy to do
something right now.

> >And it would be cool if you could update the translations, but the release
> >will wait for you, take your time. I always feel bad to ask you to do
> >something. Even more when most of the work is caused by my lastest weird
> >idea.
>
> Hey, don't worry. I'm glad to do it. I'm on holydays until half september
> (student life ;) and I want to do my best to help this good project. Also,
> you're the mantainer, and it's good to have some guidelines on what are
> the highest priority tasks :P

Cool, thanks. I'm post-doc now soon teachter, and if I have an advice, it
would be to enjoy the student life ;)

I'll try to have a look at the %entities; issues in header, and we may
release tomorrow. Huh, wait, I'll certainly have to introduce strings to fix
that. But since it's a bug which hurts you, Jordi, I guess that you won't
mind if I fix it anyway.

It may also happen that I don't find the time to chase that bug down and
that we release with it around ;)

Bye, Mt.

--
Les rebelles disaient que les débutants avaient le droit d'utiliser un
"éditeur", qui ressemblait à MSWord comme sa mère à Pamela Anderson.