[Po4a-devel]Addendums in po4a-translate

Martin Quinson mquinson@ens-lyon.fr
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 14:18:33 -0700

On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 08:42:15PM +0200, Jordi Vilalta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've seen that po4a-translate handles the addendums itself, instead of
> using the transtractor's process() handling of addendums. Is there a
> reason for it?

None that I can remember of. It may be to work out a problem with the
handling of addendums within process. It may be related to the cryptic TODO
entry:
** TransTractor.pm
 - process(): $self->addendum($file) || die "An addendum failed\n";

Yes, I guess this is it. process have no way to tell that a perticular
document failed because of an addendum, and still process with the next ones.

> It would be interesting to use process() to apply the addendums so that
> the encoding issues are centralized.

I agree. If you fix the above issue and get it working, it would be really
good.

What do you think? After or before 0.17.2 ?

Mt.

--
Never trust someone who only codes in CAML... because the way things are
done matters more to him than the result.