[Po4a-devel]Version 0.17.2 out

Martin Quinson mquinson@ens-lyon.fr
Sun, 8 Aug 2004 14:13:12 -0700

On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 11:02:00PM +0200, Jordi Vilalta wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Aug 2004, Martin Quinson wrote:
> >Ouch. Fixed in CVS, but this is serious enough to need a 0.17.3 out there
> >rather soon. I mean, in the next two weeks, at most.
> >
> >Is the encoding stuff broken enough to force me to play nasty games with
> >the
> >cvs, or can it be released as is?
>
> If you want to release now, just rollback po4a-gettextize and po4a-update
> to r1.22, and set $debug{'encoding'} to 0 in Po.pm. I've been watching the
> last commits and I think this will leave all ok. (it seems the only mess
> is in my hard drive :S)
>
> There are still 4 failing tests about addendums.
>
> I hope having the encoding things working before the next weekend (if I
> just find what is the wrong line, it can be tomorrow). If you want to
> release very soon, just do the above.

Nope, I'm monitoring the debian release process, and I think we still have 2
or 3 weeks before extra (section which po4a belongs to) becomes frozen. The
last madness is to consider non-POSIX construct in build scripts as release
critical. That's the best way to not meet the deadlines.  But that's the
kind of madness debian loves.

Moreover, I really don't have the time to go for a release now and another
one in two weeks when/if encoding works.

Take your time, dude. Don't do like me, leave you a chance to do it right at
the first attempt ;)
Mt.

--
Moi, Adam et Ève, j'y crois plus tu vois, parce que je suis pas un
idiot : la pomme, ça peut pas être mauvais, c'est plein de pectine...