[Po4a-devel]Status update

Jordi Vilalta jvprat@wanadoo.es
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 01:31:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Martin Quinson wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 09:42:12PM +0200, Jordi Vilalta wrote:
> Good work ! It's so pleasant to see po4a going forward quickly even if I've
> almost no time to devote to it... Thanks you so much.

You're welcome, it's pleasant every time it grows, whoever is the commiter

>> Before releasing there are some things left to do:
>>
>> - Update the po4a and po4a-translate scripts to make them work with the
>>   encodings (I don't know how po4a will handle it, maybe we'll need to
>>   update the config files syntax)
>> - Make po4a-translate use process() and implement the addendum's encoding
>> - I'll try to revise (and improve when posible) the po4a(7) documentation
>> - I'll test the Guide module, and if it works well, it can be distributed
>>
>> I'll try to watch these in the next few days.
>
> Ok. I'll review your documentation reviews. Some of them look discutable to
> me. I hope you don't mind.

Don't worry. I doubted with a lot of things. I'll try to learn from your
corrections. (next time I should send it to the list before commiting)

>> By your side it would be nice if you could test the encoding issues in
>> real life documents and report if there's some strange behavior (or bug,
>> directly). Also, please review the "Authors" section in TT, I've copied it
>> from another file (to be able to apply the addendums), I don't know if
>> it's correct.
>
> We need to split up the list, and send the CVS commit to the other list of
> the project, so that we can hope to get more people on this list and around
> po4a. The list is created, I dunno how to achieve the switch properly.
> Denis, could you look into it ? Actually, I don't think so since Denis is in
> vacation. Could someone give it a try? Pierre?

I've been investigating, and it seems to be configured in the file
/cvsroot/po4a/CVSROOT/loginfo in the server. Oops! It seems you can
checkout the CVSROOT module and modify this via cvs. I leave it to you :P

I'll subscrive there right now.

Also, how about sending notices to that list when new bugs are opened on
the project page? (today I've seen it's posible in alioth)

>> Oh, and this week we're the 3rd most active project on alioth :)
>
> Yuhu! Well done, dude.
>
> For the record, the two last bugs in Debian I've fixed today were typo
> revealed during the translation of the program to italian ;)
>
> I tried to get Danilo subscribing here and getting a CVS write right, but
> because of the time difference between here and europe, I've no answer yet.

Good news!

Regards,

Jordi Vilalta