[Po4a-devel][VAC] 21/8 - mid september

Martin Quinson mquinson@ens-lyon.fr
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 01:49:15 -0700

--YH9Qf6Fh2G5kB/85

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 10:31:30AM +0200, Jordi Vilalta wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Martin Quinson wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I leave california on the 21th. I leave my laptop there (property of the
> >lab). So, when I arrive in France, I'll have no computer, no connexion, =
and
> >not even a place to live...
>=20
> Owch, that hurts :(

For the price, I'll be given to see my wife and kid again after two long
months of separation, so I won't complain ;)

> >I am sorry about that, and I hope we manage to get 0.18 out there before=
=20
> >the
> >21 august (which is, btw, my birthday). I'm short on time, but I'll do my
> >duty.
>=20
> I'll try to accelerate myself, these last days I've been so inactive :(

If you can't or don't want, no problem. I'll gonna go for a 0.17.3 in a sort
of backport of the fixes. Don't worry, it shouldn't be very difficult given
the very small size of the fixes... It will only be difficult for
translations, but I bet that it's better to get bug fixed than 100%
translation, when we really have to choose.

> Wow! Many thanks :) Don't worry, I don't want to break anyone's work.

Well, you already had the possibility of breaking anyone's work. Now, you
have the possibility of breaking anyone. Even more scary ;) I did so
recently (to kick mquinson-guest out of the picture), and that's a bit
tricky to achieve. Impossible by accident...

> About new people, one friend of mine has just begun the catalan pod=20
> translation :) In spite of this, she's not very used to the unix world,=
=20
> for the moment I'll commit her changes.

Waho. She's not used to unix and she translate this text ?! Is she
masochist? I mean, I really appreciate her effort, but I don't want to
disgust her from linux even before converting her (neither after).

Please tell her that we'd understand if she get borred before being done.

> >Once 0.18 is out of there, we shouldn't need to make a new version befor=
e I
> >come back. If it happens, Pierre has both the authorisations and the
> >knowledge to build a new version of po4a and push it both to the alioth
> >server and the debian one. I really hope it won't be necessary since I=
=20
> >don't want to put any extra burden on you, but who knows ?
>=20
> Oh, it should be no burden if it's necessary, but I prefer having your=20
> approval before doing something like that :P

Why that? My approval is not a magic thing. If something bad happen, you're
welcome to fix it. If I'm here, I'll do my best to fulfill my duty, but if
not, please do not wait for my "approval". If we mess up stuff, we can
always fix it afterward. Isn't exactly what I did on the last release? ;)

Again, po4a is a pet project. It's neat, I like it. But I know that nobody
will die or get his harddisk reformated if it goes wrong. No need to refrain
our geek lust..

Mt.

--=20
Thou shalt make thy program's purpose and structure clear to thy fellow man
by using the One True Brace Style, even if thou likest it not, for thy
creativity is better used in solving problems than in creating beautiful new
impediments to understanding.
  -- Eighth commandment of the C programmer

--YH9Qf6Fh2G5kB/85

--YH9Qf6Fh2G5kB/85--