[Po4a-devel][VAC] 21/8 - mid september

Jordi Vilalta jvprat@wanadoo.es
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 10:31:30 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Martin Quinson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I leave california on the 21th. I leave my laptop there (property of the
> lab). So, when I arrive in France, I'll have no computer, no connexion, and
> not even a place to live...

Owch, that hurts :(

> Given the amount of spam I get, I do not expect to be able to check mails by
> webmail or whatever before mid-september, when thing comes clear with my new
> employer. I hope I won't loose any mail, but Erm. I'm not sure my account
> will survive the load.
>

> I am sorry about that, and I hope we manage to get 0.18 out there before the
> 21 august (which is, btw, my birthday). I'm short on time, but I'll do my
> duty.

I'll try to accelerate myself, these last days I've been so inactive :(

> Afterward, well. Jordi, I just gave you the full privileges on the alioth
> project. You can now recruit new people, for example. If a new translator
> comes, please give him the cvs commit right. You also have the right to kick
> people out of the project (including me), but please don't ;)

Wow! Many thanks :) Don't worry, I don't want to break anyone's work.

About new people, one friend of mine has just begun the catalan pod
translation :) In spite of this, she's not very used to the unix world,
for the moment I'll commit her changes.

> Once 0.18 is out of there, we shouldn't need to make a new version before I
> come back. If it happens, Pierre has both the authorisations and the
> knowledge to build a new version of po4a and push it both to the alioth
> server and the debian one. I really hope it won't be necessary since I don't
> want to put any extra burden on you, but who knows ?

Oh, it should be no burden if it's necessary, but I prefer having your
approval before doing something like that :P

Regards,

Jordi Vilalta