[Po4a-devel]should we switch to Text::WrapI18N ?

Martin Quinson mquinson@ens-lyon.fr
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:29:11 -0700

--0z5c7mBtSy1wdr4F

Hello,

while trying to fix the fact that '.  ' is changed '. ', I noticed that
there is a Text::WrapI18N on my box, which can handle "strange" languages
where all chars do not have the same width or not even a space char.

Should we switch to it or is the dependency too much? But if not, how to
deal with those languages?=20

Indeed, po4a does not use the Text::Wrap module right now, because we would
loose the spaces at the end of lines (which are important within the po
file). But Text::WrapI18N is made by Tomohiro KUBOTA, which I know from the
debian-i18n mailing list. I'm sure we could get him adding an option for us
here.

Jordi, can you get this library on your box, or is it Debian only?

Mt.

--=20
Every day of my life I am forced to add another name to the list of people=
=20
who piss me off!
    --- Calvin

--0z5c7mBtSy1wdr4F