[Po4a-devel]should we switch to Text::WrapI18N ?

Jordi Vilalta jvprat@wanadoo.es
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 00:26:10 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Martin Quinson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> while trying to fix the fact that '.  ' is changed '. ', I noticed that
> there is a Text::WrapI18N on my box, which can handle "strange" languages
> where all chars do not have the same width or not even a space char.

Where does it happen? Is this only a Man.pm issue?

> Should we switch to it or is the dependency too much? But if not, how to
> deal with those languages?

It's only 6KB, it's very light.

> Indeed, po4a does not use the Text::Wrap module right now, because we would
> loose the spaces at the end of lines (which are important within the po
> file). But Text::WrapI18N is made by Tomohiro KUBOTA, which I know from the
> debian-i18n mailing list. I'm sure we could get him adding an option for us
> here.

What I don't get at all is where do you want to use it.

> Jordi, can you get this library on your box, or is it Debian only?

It gave no problem, it's a cpan module. It's not yet in Gentoo, but if we
use it, I can make its package.

Regards,

Jordi Vilalta