[Po4a-devel]Call for a (La)TeX module

Martin Quinson martin.quinson@imag.fr
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 20:46:53 +0100

--9zSXsLTf0vkW971A

Hello,

this is a very decent start, please commit it. Just rename it to LaTeX.pm
before. The case is important, and Latex is different.

You have a strange if (0) somewhere, and docheader is still from the man
module.

% is the comment sign, but it can be escaped and \% produce a percent sign.
\\\% produce a line break (meaning of \\) and then a percent sign.

In tex, spaces at the begining of the line are not meanfull. So=20
"toto%
   toto"
is equivalent to "totototo".

nonbreaking space in latex is ~, just in case you want to populate the
pre/post translation.

Please do die on commands you don't know.

That's all I've seen sofar. I didn't see any Python specificity. Could you
point me to some examples?

For more information, search the net for "JoliManuelPourLaTeX.ps". It's in
french, obviously. It's becoming a bit old and the discution about modules
is not very accurate anymore, but it's a rather good introduction.=20

You have an info file I use rather often as a reference in the package
tetex-bin: "info latex". Maybe not sufficient as an introduction, and does
cover tex at all ("info tex" is a pitfall speaking of texinfo).

Could you please include what you didn't implement yet from my proposals as
comment? Verbatim if you don't want to bother too much.

Thanks a lot for your time,
Mt.

PS: Nicolas, if you want us to stop CCing you, just say so.

On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 01:13:42AM +0100, Nicolas Fran=E7ois wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I've started a prototype for a TeX module.
>=20
> At this time it handles not so badly some Python documentation files.
>=20
> Can anybody point me some TeX presentations, articles or books
> templates (or documents)?
>=20
> I don't think a lot of new commands are defined in the Python
> documentation files (there are some .sty). So I probably won't need to
> handle the definition of new commands for this format.
>=20
> There is still a lot to do in order to implement all the Martin's
> proposals, but it may probably be used as a basis.
>=20
> My next step will be to separate what is generic TeX and what is PythonDoc
> specific.
>=20
> My current implementation is attached.
>=20