[Po4a-devel]DocBook XML: more unsupported tags

Michael Wiedmann mw@miwie.in-berlin.de
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 09:15:25 +0200

* martin.quinson@free.fr <martin.quinson@free.fr> wrote [040627 07:49]:

> What about po4a-whatever -o "translate=secondary" -o "translate=tertiary" -o
> "indent=bridgehead" blabla ?
>
> It should do the trick, even if it's not completely tested yet. Just give it a
> try, please.

I've seen this possibility in the documentation but was unsure about
the correct syntax and didn't try it yesterday.

Unfortunately it doesn't work: I removed "secondary" from Sgml.pm,
added -o "translate=secondary" to the command line, but got:

po4a::Sgml: ../tex-refs/tex-refs.xml:184: Unknown tag SECONDARY

This is not really a problem for me, I can live with modifying my
local copy and wait for a CVS update (up to know I'm in a kind of
"evaluation phase" of po4a and don't use it for actual translations
projects).

> > My document contains PIs (Processing Instructions) and po4a-gettextize
> > complains like:
> Yuh, not. Actually, the XML handling is rather "experimental", yet. I'd like
> to make a real parser and so one there, but I'm not sure how to do that. Yet.

This together with the CDATA problem (even more) is a serious
drawback, because many of my documents contain at least one of these
constructs.

> Please forgive me for the delay, I'll be right back.

No problem.

Thanks
Michael
--