[Po4a-devel]XML module

martin.quinson@free.fr martin.quinson@free.fr
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:49:53 +0200

Selon Jordi Vilalta <jvprat@wanadoo.es>:

> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 martin.quinson@free.fr wrote:
> > > By my side I've begun working in a xml specific backend (almost any=
thing
>=20
> > > done) so that it makes the common work for the xml based documents =
(as=20
> > > docbook xml, or dia). Then, the specific format modules would only =
define
>=20
> > > what tags' or atributes' contents, and treat the extracted strings.=
 I=20
> > > expect having something working in a few weeks.
> >=20
> > That's a very good new ! You didn't told about that...
>=20
> Well, I began working on it a few days ago, so it was the announcement =
:P
>=20
> By now I'm stuck with some issues about perl syntax (I'm so new to this=
=20
> language) but I hope I'll solve it soon. I'll try to send you something=
=20
> this or next week (at least to know your opinion on the design).

Nope, I have no idea with regard to the design.=20

If I had to do so myself, I would give a try to sax parser, when you can =
attach
events to tags because that's the way the sgml module works. But of cours=
e, if
you are the one who does the job, you are the one who takes the design de=
cisions ;)

The only limit is that sentences should not be splitted up in the middle =
just
because there is a damn <bold> tag in there. But you already know that...

Thanks for your time, Mt.