[Po4a-devel]Administrivia

Denis Barbier barbier@linuxfr.org
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 00:38:33 +0100

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 01:18:26AM +0000, Yves Rutschle wrote:
> Hello po4a-ers,
>
> My better half has talked me into translating and
> maintaining our Web site into French; after some searching
> around, I found po4a was probably the best tool, and almost
> does all I need (or so I like to think now).
>
> So, expect some patches to the HTML module, which is
> curiously "almost finished", but also "useless as is". :)

Hi Yves,

It looks like we are at the moment very busy with other projects,
so your help is definitely welcome ;)

> Meanwhile, I've got a couple of remarks on the administrative
> side:
>
> - There is no mention of where the tools are being
>   developed. Surely it would make sense to add a link to
>   the page on alioth somewhere in a README that would
>   install with the package.
> - As it is, before finding alioth, I found savannah. The
>   savannah projet is obviously obsolete and unused, but
>   there is no way to know that. It wouldn't be bad if there
>   was no reference to it from google, but there is. Maybe
>   someone who still has access to Savannah could add a
>   mention that that site isn't used anymore?

You are fully right, will try to fix that.

> - What does PO stand for?

  $ info gettext Files
  Files Conveying Translations

  The letters PO in `.po' files means Portable Object, to distinguish it
  from `.mo' files, where MO stands for Machine Object.

Denis