[Po4a-devel] po4a 0.19 tomorrow?

Denis Barbier barbier@linuxfr.org
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 21:54:06 +0100

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 11:09:24AM +0100, Martin Quinson wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 12:26:49AM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 11:20:04PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> > > Due to last minute commits, I did not release 0.19 yet.
> > > I will do tomorrow night.
> >
> > Just uploaded, enjoy ;)
> > As promised, a branch was created and 0.19.x can easily be released
> > if you find bugs and/or want to improve translations.  If you commit
> > changes into this branch, please do not forget to also commit them
> > into the trunk.
>
> Are you sure we need cvs branches in po4a?

No, but I was very uncomfortable releasing few days after fuzzying
translations, so I made this branch to be able to release translation
updates at any time.
It is simpler to add this branch now, we can ignore it if we do not
need it.

> I'd say that the project is small enough to let us release a new
> version as often as we want, removing the need of branching. And I'm
> not aware of big new development curently.

We will soon receive a new HTML module, and when manpages-fr will switch
to po4a, this will trigger lots of bugs in the Man module ;)

> But I may well be wrong. Will see how this branch gets used. What should go
> to the trunk if both translation and bug fixes go to the branch? Shouldn't
> we branch 0.18.1 to update the translations in testing?

After more thinking, I believe that commits should be performed only to
the trunk, and I (or someone else) will merge them into the branch if
needed.

Denis