[Po4a-devel]Error while commiting

Jordi Vilalta jvprat@wanadoo.es
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 10:19:24 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

yesterday I sent the following mail, but it got a delivery failure. It seems
that Alioth's mail server is somewhat unstable.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 13:21:22 +0100 (CET)
From: Jordi Vilalta <jvprat@wanadoo.es>
To: po4a-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Error while commiting

Hi,

today I've commited a change in the Xml module changing the default behaviour
to strip the extracted strings (be careful, this can fuzzy all your strings,
use -o nostrip to avoid it), and at the end of the commit I got this error
message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/cvsroot/po4a/CVSROOT/syncmail", line 437, in ?
  main()
  File "/cvsroot/po4a/CVSROOT/syncmail", line 430, in main
  contextlines, fromhost, replyto)
  File "/cvsroot/po4a/CVSROOT/syncmail", line 222, in blast_mail
  conn.connect(MAILHOST, MAILPORT)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/smtplib.py", line 222, in connect
     self.sock.connect((host, port))
socket.error: (111, 'Connection refused')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/cvsroot/po4a/CVSROOT/syncmail", line 437, in ?
  main()
  File "/cvsroot/po4a/CVSROOT/syncmail", line 430, in main
  contextlines, fromhost, replyto)
  File "/cvsroot/po4a/CVSROOT/syncmail", line 222, in blast_mail
  conn.connect(MAILHOST, MAILPORT)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/smtplib.py", line 222, in connect
     self.sock.connect((host, port))
socket.error: (111, 'Connection refused')

The change has been commited, but it seems it couldn't send the commit mail. I
don't know where the error comes from (maybe the alioth mail server was down
for a while), but it can be annoying to work without knowing what others have
done.

If you get the same error, I recommend sending a manual mail to the list to
inform what you've done (thanks in advance). I hope it gets solved soon.

Regards,

Jordi Vilalta