[Po4a-devel]Re: Translating NEWS.Debian files: a (crude) first try

Jordi Vilalta jvprat@wanadoo.es
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 16:42:07 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Jordi Vilalta wrote:
> I might be wrong, but I think it's time to create a new module with common
> functions used by several scripts, like the config file loading, or a
> function to show wrapped messages using the proposed syntax in
> https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=300889&group_id=30267&atid=410622
>
> Any ideas about this? What name should it take? (Common, Utils, Tools,
> ...?)

I've begun working on it (with the temporary name "Common").

While moving common parts of the scripts to this module, I've found an
undocumented option in the po4a script: split. What does it do? It adds a big
amount of code. Should it be documented or is it there just for testing?

hmm, I'm now thinking on posponing these big moves and concentrating in the
gcc-like syntax/wrapping stuff.

Regards,

Jordi Vilalta