[Po4a-devel]Re: Translating NEWS.Debian files: a (crude) first try

Jordi Vilalta jvprat@wanadoo.es
Sat, 5 Feb 2005 00:41:50 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Martin Quinson wrote:
[...]
> file:line: (po4a::module)
>           toto tutu toto tutu toto tutu toto tutu toto tutu toto
>           toto tutu toto tutu toto tutu toto tutu toto tutu toto
> 	   ?
>
> It has the advantage of being easily readable. The best would be to use the
> following value as indentation offset: >>max(length("$file:$line: ",10))<<

I've just commited an initial version of the new Common module, and it has
basic implementations of wrapping functions:

wrap_mod("po4a:man", "this is a long....") returns:
po4a::man: this is a long message this is a long message this is a long
            message this is a long message this is a long message this is a
            long message this is a long message this is a long message

wrap_ref_mod("document.sgml:34", "po4a::man", "this is a long...") returns:
document.sgml:34: (po4a::man)
                this is a long message this is a long message this is a long
                message this is a long message this is a long message this is
                a long message this is a long message this is a long message

I've expanded the maximum length of the space to 15 characters (10 was
shorter than "po4a::man: " ;)

Tomorrow I'll try to integrate this stuff with the other modules.

Regards,

Jordi Vilalta