[Po4a-devel]Release, and other considerations

Martin Quinson martin.quinson@imag.fr
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:04:41 +0100

--+g7M9IMkV8truYOl

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 02:00:46PM +0100, Jordi Vilalta wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Martin Quinson wrote:
> >On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 03:54:16PM +0100, Jordi Vilalta wrote:
> >>Three months have past since the last release and we have support for m=
any
> >>new formats, and some bug fixes. Should we begin thinking on a new rele=
ase
> >>soon?
> >
> >I strongly second you. Moreover, the email address given as maintainer of
> >0.19 is my tuxfamily.org one, which is dead. I vote for a rapid upload.

I uploaded a version with my email change, so we're more serene.

> >I think that this is Nekral's call. Could we release as is, or you still
> >have something to fix in TeX ? It's not released yet, but I think it sho=
uld
> >since it almost works, if I understood well.
>=20
> Other modules still not distributed:
>=20
> * LaTeX & PythonDoc: the same as above. It's Nekral's decision.
>=20
> * Html: Yves sent some patches, and it seems to work for him. What should
>   we do with it? (If we distribute it, we also have to distribute the html
>   test suite)
>=20
> * Debconf & NewsDebian: What's your feeling about them, Martin?

It's better to hide it too for now. It's only a hand tend in Denis
direction. In my mind, he could use it as first draft of a po-debconf based
on po4a and not intl-tools. He decides.

> * Docbook: I think I will push it into the next release. I've seen that
>   videolan people use a patched xml module, which just adds some inline
>   tags=20
>   (http://developers.videolan.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/www.videolan.org/do=
c/play-howto/src/Xml.pm.patch?rev=3D2966&root=3DVideoLAN+websites&view=3Dau=
to),
>   and that's already done in the docbook module.

Why don't we include this patch, if it's useful to someone? (stupid questio=
n)

> * Xml: It still lacks some functionality, but some people are using it
>   (the videolan people, and the chinese debian-installer team, IIRC).
>   Well, it's distributed to support the Dia and Guide modules, but it
>   isn't shown directly. Some people use it anyway, so I think it could be
>   announced as officialy supported.
>=20
>=20
> I've also been watching the Chooser, and I suggest splitting the list of=
=20
> modules into separate messages:
>=20
> sub list {
>     warn wrap_msg(gettext("List of valid formats:")
>         ."\n  - ".gettext("kernelhelp: Help messages of each kernel=20
>         compilation option.")
>         ."\n  - ".gettext("man: Good old manual page format.")
>         ."\n  - ".gettext("pod: Perl Online Documentation format.")
>=20
> This makes it easier for translators to update the translation when we ad=
d=20
> a new module.

Agreed.

> Another thing. The new wrapping functions require the Text::WrapI18N=20
> module. This should be reflected in the /debian files.

Done, thanks for the reminder.

Thanks, Mt.

--+g7M9IMkV8truYOl

--+g7M9IMkV8truYOl--