[Po4a-devel]Release, and other considerations

Yves Rutschle debian.anti-spam@rutschle.net
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:36:18 +0000

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 02:00:46PM +0100, Jordi Vilalta wrote:
> * Html: Yves sent some patches, and it seems to work for him. What should
>   we do with it? (If we distribute it, we also have to distribute the html
>   test suite)

I don't think it's still in a usable state to be honest.
It's actually barely good enough for my own, limited
purpose. The parsing needs to be changed so that in-line
tags don't create new msgids (as lengthily discussed earlier :) )
which I'm hoping a module I discovered recently should make
easy (HTML::Tree).

Unfortunately I'm looking for a new job in a new country,
moving countries in 40 days, and getting married soon, so my
only chance of having free time will be unemployment in 40
days.

IOW, I'd suggest you go ahead with the release without
changing the status of the html module, i.e. "in
development, get it from CVS". (and whatever new version I
hope to do in the future _will_ break all the po files).

Y.