[Po4a-devel]Re: [Po4a-commits] po4a/t 02-TransTractors.t,1.8,1.9

Nicolas François nicolas.francois@centraliens.net
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:10:01 +0100

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 09:43:56PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 09:20:44PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> > At the moment I have no strong opinion on what should be done, since I
> > believe that English manual pages should be fixed to not use "\ ".
>
> After a bit more thinking, I believe that the main problem is that
> the master file is detected as being an ASCII file, but pre_trans()
> transforms input text into non-ASCII, so there is some mismatch here.
> Everything should work out of the box with -M ISO-8859-1, shouldn't it?

I just tested it:
If the input document contains only ASCII characters, the charset is not
set (with -M ISO-8859-1 and -M UTF-8).

I don't know if it is normal.

Maybe the Transtractor should be notified when a non ascii char is
generated.

--
Nekral