[Po4a-devel]po4a vs. poxml (KDE)

Martin Quinson martin.quinson@loria.fr
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:46:55 +0100

--3lcZGd9BuhuYXNfi

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 12:31:27AM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> read on
>   http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/d-i/trunk/installer/doc/manual/translations_=
po.txt?op=3Dfile&rev=3D0&sc=3D0
>   Background information
>   =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>   There are currently two toolsets that support translating XML files
>   using .po files: KDE's poxml and po4a. We have chosen poxml as that
>   gives better context (it does not split paragraphs) for translation.
>   The downside of the poxml tools is that they require the .xml files
>   to be "proper" XML. Because some of the individual files in the
>   English original are not proper XML, we've had to "integrate" the
>   files per chapter.
>=20
> I do not know what they are complaining about exactly, but we should
> certainly have a look.

I seem to understand that the xml module sometimes split paragraph. If it
doesn't split sentences, I can live with it. But some private discussions
let me suspect that it also sometimes split sentences. I was waiting for an
example before speaking about it here.

Bye, Mt.

--3lcZGd9BuhuYXNfi

--3lcZGd9BuhuYXNfi--